These Grilled Salmon Skewers with Garlic and Dijon are the perfect combination of simple, healthy and delectable. Made in under 30 minutes, salmon kebobs are a great source of Omega-3, vitamin D, iron, and calcium – not to mention they are amazingly flavorful! Make these to get the most out of the last few grilling opportunities from another beautiful Minnesota summer.
1.5 lbs salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch squares
2 large lemons thinly sliced
16 (10-inch) bamboo skewers
For the Marinade:
2 tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
2 large or 3 small garlic cloves, pressed
½ tbsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp salt
⅛ tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp light olive oil (not extra virgin, pick something with a higher smoke point)
2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice from ½ large lemon or 1 small lemon
1. Prep: Soak bamboo skewers at least 1 hour to keep them from catching fire. Preheat Grill to medium heat (about 375˚F).
2. In a medium bowl, stir together all of the marinade ingredients: 2 tbsp chopped parsley, 2 pressed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp dijon, ½ tsp salt, ⅛ tsp pepper, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice.
3. Double skewer the salmon and lemon slices folded in half intermittently onto two skewers at a time (The double skewer aids in turning the salmon kebobs on the grill).
4. Brush both sides of the skewered salmon with marinade.
5. Oil the grates then carefully place salmon skewers onto the hot BBQ.
Grill kebobs for 3-4 minutes per side or until salmon is cooked through and opaque.
6. Pair with fresh lemon slices and a side of cooked veggies and enjoy!
Posted August 26, 2016