Let’s welcome spring’s arrival with one of our favorite fresh, green salads. Cucumber, kohlrabi, and pine nuts come together for a light and refreshing flavor–the perfect way to celebrate warmer weather. The ingredients in this recipe will nourish your body, flush out toxins, and hydrate your skin and body.
Hydrating cucumbers aid in fighting inflammation and contain antioxidant properties. We added the mildly sweet and crisp kohlrabi for high levels of Vitamin C, a variety of minerals, and even dietary fiber. The raw pine nuts will give you a boost of energy, while ramps (also known as wild leeks) provide rich nutritional content.
Enjoy this as an entrée salad or serve as a side to grilled chicken and lentils.
Prep time: 10 mins | Chill time: 20 mins | Total time: 30 mins
INGREDIENTS | Serves 3–4
1. Wash and peel the cucumbers.
2. Using a mandoline or grater, thinly slice the cucumbers.
3. Wash, peel, and slice kohlrabi into thin strips and add into bowl with cucumbers.
4. Wash, tear and add desired amount of sunflower sprouts to salad.
5. Add raw pine nuts.
6. Add olive oil and white vinegar to bowl, mixing with ingredients.
7. Sprinkle sliced ramp on top of mixture, cover, and place in fridge.
8. Once chilled, add desired salt and pepper to taste.
Posted April 20, 2016